In Acts 17:10-15, NKJV, the Apostle Paul commended the Bereans for being “Open Minded” because they did three things:
- They receiving the word with all readiness
- They searched the Scriptures daily find out if these things were so
- They believed
This series examines significant topics of the Bible where there are differences of opinion within Christendom. These differences are looked at using solid critical and text interpretation principles with the following process:
- Set aside preconceived notions
- Go to the Bible, and a Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance
- Look up all of the texts on a given subject
- Read them all in context
- Put them all together — resolve any apparent anomalies
- And go with the weight of the evidence!
Particular attention is paid to the Character of God and what we believe about Him changes who we are because the Fundamental Law of Worship is, “By beholding we become changed.” If we behold a God that is arbitrary, vengeful, exacting, unforgiving, and severe, we become more like that. If we behold a God that is loving and kind, we become more loving and kind. Also, how we perceive God affects how we interpret the Bible.